This is a food-focused trip where we dive into the farms, factories, food trucks, and fine dining experiences in Northern Italy, including Parma, Modena, Cinque Terre, Piedmont, and some smaller cities in between! All you have to do is book your flight, and we'll handle the rest!
$4,250 (approx. $425 dollars per day)
A non-refundable $500 deposit is due at the time of signing. The remainder of the trip cost can be worked out in a payment plan with 100% due two weeks before the trip begins. Once we receive your registration, Morgan will reach out to set up an individualized payment plan!
Here's what's included in the trip cost.
Spend your days dreaming of eating your way through Italy
Crave experiences to learn about food cultures and where food comes from
Want to travel with other foodies who have a healthy relationship with food (aka no diet talk!)
Prefer to go off the beaten path when you're traveling
Aren't wanting a typical "tourist" vacation. Minimal sightseeing, maximum food tasting.
- San Matteo Antica Acetaia (Modena)
- Light lunch (included) in San Matteo
- Free Afternoon
- Group dinner (included)
- CiaoLatte Tour (lunch included)
- Guided walking tour of Parma
- Recommendations provided for dinner
- Meet at Malpensa Airport in Milan by midday (subject to change to Aeropuerto di Bologna)
- Drive to Parma via Private Shuttle
- Group apericena (a mix between happy hour and dinner!) in Parma
- Morning Boat Tour with Ligurian munchies + wine
- Free afternoon in Cinque Terre
- Local winemaker, Sementia
- Free morning in Cinque Terre
- Pesto class (lunch included)
- Group dinner at Mezza Luna
- Train from Parma to Levanto
- Early afternoon hike in Cinque Terre
- Wine cellar visit
- Recommendations provided for lunch and dinner
- Vineyard visit to learn about nebbiolo grapes and Barbaresco wine (lunch included)
- Truffle hunting w/ dog
- Group dinner at original Slow Foods Movement restaurant
- Transportation to Turin
- Walking tour of Turin, including Torinese cafes
- Cooking class
- Free evening in Bra
- Private bus to Barolo
- Winery visit with local winemaker (luxurious lunch included)
- Free afternoon
- Dinner recommendations provided
- 9 nights at boutique hotels and apartments in Parma, Levanto, and Bra
- Group transportation to/from all events on the itinerary
- Meals at local restaurants that locally source their ingredients, are owned/run by a locally known individual, or accurately represents the cuisine specific to that region
- All excursions listed in the itinerary
- A group photographer/videographer so you can be fully present in the moment *and* have the magic of Italy captured to cherish forever
- Most lunches and dinners (reference itinerary for included meals), including wine at at the provided meals
- Tips for all meals, hotels, drivers, and guides
- Travel and transportation to and from Italy
- Travel insurance (not required, but recommended)
- Additional meals and/or excursions not included in the itinerary
- Any incidental expenses
- Tips for photographer and trip hosts
- Alcohol aside from wine at all group lunches and dinners (or any included in the excursions)
This was my favorite way to see Italy! Morgan has an awesome itinerary and does the heavy lifting by curating experiences while also leaving time for you to find your own adventure.
This was one of the best experiences of my life! Top perks: you don't have to do the planning (just pack a bag and book your plane ticket!), professional photographer (you can just be in the moment), meet amazing humans, try things you might not have otherwise, peace of mind that you are taken care of with an experienced host.
If local cuisine & wine are what you're looking for, then this is the company to sign on with! Because it isn't just about eating and drinking; it's about experiencing the love and passion the people put into everything they make and serve. It's about honoring and sharing family and tradition.
Each excursion was so unique and memorable - we learned something new and met someone new on each one. This was my second time in Italy and I was able to do it completely gluten-free!
What I liked most about the trip was the blend of coordinated activities and free time. I loved staying in Levanto and being able to go to Cinque Terre if we wanted to. I felt like we were able to make as much out of the trip as we wanted, which was really nice.
We are staying in boutique hotels and apartments throughout the different cities in Italy. All attendees will be sharing a bedroom (usually 2 single beds per room).
We’ll miss the heck out of you! You can cancel your trip up to 180 days prior to the start date. The initial deposit is non-refundable.
Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org!
There are eight spots open for travelers! This number doesn't include the trip guide, Morgan, and trip photographer, Taylor!
Hey there! I'm Morgan Sinclair, founder of The Eating Expedition and your guide for the first ever trip to Northern Italy!
My journey with food-focused travel begins in 2014 when I studied nutrition and food science in Northern Italy. Four weeks, fourteen cities, twenty foodies, and copious amounts of wine enjoyed in vineyards and parmesan cheese consumed in the company of ParmaLatte red cows. Yeah, it was just as dreamy as it sounds.
And it clearly didn't stop here. I mean, I pitched the idea to four dietitian friends to go to Portland, Oregon with the #1 goal of visiting the Tillamook Cheese Factory (spoiler: they said yes!).
I am beyond excited to host this trip returning to where it all began - Northern Italy! Ready to eat our way through Italy together?
Hey y'all! I'm Taylor Prinsen, a full-time lifestyle photographer and your personal photog on The Eating Expedition!
I'm born and raised in Austin where I still live (barely?? I travel a LOT! 😂) working mostly with local + national brands/businesses and shooting Boudoir. I love being able to empower people with my work, whether that's by showcasing your unique talent as an entrepreneur, capturing authentic moments of connection and joy at events, or making women feel confident and gorgeous in their bodies! I'm going to be offering lifestyle sessions as well as Boudoir sessions on our trip, so start thinking about that 😊
Since 2016, I've solo traveled to 10 countries around Europe including parts of Italy that we're going to (Bologna, Parma, Modena)! Travel is incredibly important for me and I'm currently working to split my time between Austin, Denver, and Paris or Barcelona, growing my business abroad. I speak Spanish and pick up some parts of Italian quickly, and have been to Italy now 3 times, so I feel very confident and excited about helping assist Morgan in Italy!
I can't wait to make sure to capture the best moments of this trip for you so that you don't have to worry about getting "the shot" and can just stay present and soak it all in!